Sunday, October 07, 2007

7 10 year olds is too many

We had Marisa's birthday party on Saturday. We drove into the city and went to Comedy Sportz. It was great. She volunteered to go on stage, and since there were only about 25 people, and we accounted for 12 of them, people in our group were selected a lot as volunteers, or suggestion ideas. It was a great time, everyone really enjoyed it. The whoopie cushions they gave out to the birthday group were a headache maker in the car ride home though.

We stopped at FunWorld to play lazer tag. My team won, cause we kick butt. There was a young lady that was cheating, and I told her not to. Afterward her mom came up to me to pick a fight. What a beyotch this woman was. I didn't back down though, so after swearing at me she walked away. We left shortly after that. I was a bit concerned that she might have a big boyfriend with a gun or something, so I kept a watchful eye until we were back on the road. I had forgotten that FunWorld attracts a lot of scummy people.

We came home, had pizza and ice cream cake, watched a movie, and I managed to get the girls to sleep by 11:40. This was after I threatened to take them all home. We had to get up early, since their parents were picking them all up at 9am, so no late late nights.

All in all, a very successful party for Marisa. For me, there were too many of them. A couple of them not my favorite girls, but that's ok, they aren't MY friends...

GO PACKERS! I have 5 minutes until kickoff! Ready to kick some Bear butts!

6 comments:

Breezy said...

Why couldn't they stay up late? I would have tortured the other parents with over tired grumpy girls. *evil grin*

dragonflies said...

I figured my one grumpy overtired girl would be worse.

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

You are one brave woman! I have a ten year old, going on 16... there is NOOO way I'd have 7 others along to spend the night!

But then, I'm a party pooper!! At least that's what my kids think!

Puffy said...

Slumber parties are meant for eating and gabbing, not for sleeping!

kim (weltek) said...

It wasn't until I was in my twenties that I realized how much my slumber parties must've killed my parents.

You are a good mom. You even played Laser Tag!

Paul said...

I played Lazer Tag in my 20s once. One of the singles I was playing with turned his ankle.