Wednesday, March 09, 2011

bad choices

Really trying to take the high road here, but seriously, DH is making some really bad choices right now. Aside from his mental instability, and delusions, he just doesn't care or even consider how his actions affect other people.

1. The worst lately was having his mistress at our house. I know she has been there, even though I have, several times, specifically asked that he not bring her there. Yesterday our son came home from school, and guess who he ran into while she was sneaking out the front door as he was moving his car??? YUP. Kudos to my boy, he confronted her. Asked her who she was and why she was there. She told him she was a friend of his dad and was visiting. He then told her I wouldn't be very happy to know that she was there, and she replied that she was sure I'd be fine! UM, HELLO, I AM NOT FINE WITH MY HUSBAND'S MISTRESS SPENDING ANY AMOUNT OF TIME AT MY HOUSE. DS tried really hard to shield me, and waited until he thought his dad was gone to tell me, but his dad wasn't gone yet. I am sorry to say I went totally ballistic. I really hate losing it in front of my kids, but that is such BS. But to have a situation where my son has to do that is just wrong on all fronts. He maturely dealt with it, then consulted with his sister about telling me, and I'm sure felt bad about it after. Especially since DS was very clear to DH that he had no interest in meeting her in the first place! UGH.

2. Aside from having her at my house, DH is totally disrespecting me. He is doing his and her laundry at my house, which is one thing. But when he folds it on my bed, and then leaves it there for me to see I draw the line. I called my lawyer last night, and he is going to talk to DH's lawyer. I want to file a restraining order against the mistress, and maybe DH too. They are causing my kids and me undue emotional distress. Realistically I doubt I'll get anywhere, but I had to do something. Our first court date isn't until March 24.

3. Did I tell you I was supoena'd for DH's first court date about his legal issues? Yup, by the DA no less. I guess I can place him at the spot he was arrested at, or something. At least I don't really know anything else. That is this Friday morning. I'll let you know how that goes.

4. Well, everyone that we are friends with on the swim team now know that he is crazy. Long story, but he was really acting stupid and out of character at the state meet this past weekend. It got to the point that he was asked to leave! Of course he says that I'm badmouthing him to everyone, and that all the moms now hate him, but all the dads support him. Yeah, right. Nope.

I really don't want to bash DH all the time, but he is kinda leaving himself open with all the bad choices he is making.

Ok, back to work.
Thankful for this blog, it is good therapy.
And thankful for my bloggy friends. Thanks for your support.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh fer cripes sake! He's being completely unreasonable. I hate that he's putting you into the spot of potentially having to file a restraining order. Sounds like he needs to see the kids outside of the house. He obviously can't be trusted to do the right think when you give him an inch. He takes the proverbial mile. I'd have the locks changed at the very least and not give him a key.

dragonflies said...

At this point I can't have my locks changed, because in the eyes of the law he is my husband, it is his house as well as mine, and we are still married. However, that being said, my lawyer is working on it for me.

Breezy said...

An Addict=Completely Unreasonable.

Case in point- Charlie Sheen.

I think you can change the locks if you are legally separated. No?

(((blogs))) I used one for venting/ranting/whining/crying when I was going through my divorce. It does help.

Puffy said...

He shouldn't even be permitted in the house. You're living there now. Is he out yet? Even if you're married and he's part owner, it's not right that he's allowed there. You wouldn't be allowed in his apartment. That's my unprofessional, non-legal opinion. Those opinions are the best.

This is the main thing going on in your life now, unfortunately, so it's reasonable that it's all you can think about and talk about. Thank goodness for your intelligent, stable, mature kids. They got it from you.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this my dear. *big hugs and smooches to you and the kids*

frodis said...

There's a difference between bashing and venting. I don't see any bashing, really. The things he's doing are really out of line.

The laundry thing is really bad. He's doing her laundry? At your house? Bizarre. I would be sorely tempted to donate all of his and her laundry to Goodwill, so you are a stronger woman than I for not doing that. :)

Your kids are awesome.

*huge hug*