Bang head, step back, repeat. Yes, here we go again.
Don made it 100 days. *sigh* He said they were completely miserable 100 days. Gee, guess playing games with your kids, remembering what happens on the TV shows you watch, and getting sumpin sumpin from me makes you miserable? And drinking doesn't? Nope, only being sober does.
Oh, and he is amazed that I put up with it. I'm starting to wonder about that myself.
We have a super big weekend planned. 1st swim meet of the season for Devon, followed by a tailgate and Brewer game with 130 of our closest swim team friends, and about 30 from another team from Eau Claire. Oh, and we are hosting a mom/daughter, caused I signed up to be a host family when he was still busy being miserable. That should be interesting. The only good thing is that he won't have a lot of time to drink since we won't be home until maybe 9 or10 pm after the game.
Then Sunday a swim clinic with JENNY THOMPSON. Only the most decorated woman Olympic athlete in the US (or maybe world) history. And she is a medical doctor to boot. What a great role model! Oh, and then follow that with our annual swim banquet, where the kids get recognized for their accomplishments (as do the parents for their volunteering. So now instead of having a partner who can share all the running around, I have to do it all again?
Damn, this sucks.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Must be tough being a single parent.
(/sarc)
#hug#
I guess this means he fell off the wagon. Now what? *hugs*
Your weekend sounds like lots of fun, though. Good luck!
So sorry, DF. {{hugs}}
Hope the busy weekend keeps *you* from feeling miserable.
Hugs from me too. I can't even imagine. DH's dad is an alcoholic, his mom just carries on teaching piano lessons while he sits in a room and drinks, but then are both in their 70's without children to care for. I'm so sorry!
Sorry DF.
Big Hugs to you.
So he made it 100 days and fell off the wagon? Or did he make it 100 days and whine about how hard it is?
Are you sure you need him? I guess there's the father of your kids thing. Cause I have friends that would be happy to help you hide the body. ;)
Thanks friends. It wasn't a completely miserable weekend, for me. Yesterday was for him though. He got hammered, and missed our swim banquet. Missed our kids being honored, and some great time with friends. His loss.
My opinion is that he hasn't hit his own personal rock bottom, and that scares me beyond scared. Friday an Associate Principal at a nearby school was killed, as was her daughter and unborn child (she was 7 months prego), and 1 or 2 other children were injured. The guy in the other car was drunk. Not Don though. But that is my biggest fear, or that my kids would be in the car.
He is supposed to be meeting with a guy from one of his meeting groups tonight. Sounds like this guy is a sort of sponsor. Who knows.
Deb: No I don't need him. And neither do the kids, if he is like this. I'm getting really close to throwing him out, and he knows it. Which totally sucks, but it my only recourse right now, for my own the for the kids' mental well being.
You know I'm no advocate of the D-word, but I think abuse is one exception.
And I don't mean his abuse of the bottle. I mean his abuse of the three of you.
I'm getting closer and closer Cyg. I've noticed myself detaching more and more. We'll see.
Sucks, cause I truly believe in my marriage vows, "for better or worse". But how much "worse" can a person take?
Post a Comment