Friday, October 30, 2009

2009 Blogger Cookie Exchange Sign up

I have been nominated by Puffy & Weltek to organize this year's cookie exchange. If someone else wants to do this, I am happy to relinquish these duties.

In the meantime, here is the place to sign up if you are interested in participating. Please add any allergies or specific preferences to the comments here.

Also we need to decide how many cookies to send out. In past years I believe it was either 1 or 2 dozen cookies to 2 different people. When you put your comment here, please vote either 1 or 2 dozen as well.

I also need everyone's real name and address. If you want, you can email me that info, or PM me on OT.

Did I forget anything?

Update:
I have the following cookie exchangers

Frodis
Boo
Puffy
HD
Weltek
dragonflies

you are to send at least 1 dozen cookies (or representative amount of bread or other holiday food) before the end of 2009.

I will leave this open for more exchangers for the remainder of this week. After that I'll draw names and let you know. I still need an address for Frodis.


19 comments:

dragonflies said...

I am interested! (duh)

I vote 2 dozen cookies.

I ask that at least a few of the cookies be gluten free if possible. Not all have to be though. If you could bag the gluten free ones separately to prevent cross contamination, that would be appreciated.

frodis said...

I'm in. I flaked out badly on this last year and ended up sending Breezy and her sister Mrs. Fields cookies because I couldn't get my act together. I'm feeling much better now.

HD wanted to be notified when the cookie exchange was happening - I think he wants to participate too.

I like everything.

Anonymous said...

I'm in.

I vote 1 dozen. You should have received my address this week, yes?

dragonflies said...

Jen, vote please.

Boo! I got it last night! Thanks so much! *smooch*

dragonflies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
frodis said...

Hm, I really don't have a preference on number of cookies. I guess I vote 2 dozen total; 1 dozen of each type of cookie. (Don't we usually do two kinds of cookie?)

Mmmmm, cookies!

dragonflies said...

I think the cookies each person sends is up to them, as to type. 2 years ago I got a nice variety, so it doesn't HAVE to be a full dozen of a particular type, as long as at least a dozen (or 2) total are sent

Puffy said...

I'm in; no opinion about the number of cookies sent; have never made gluten-free cookies; am excited about the project! I sent emails to a few peeps you hadn't included in the email.

HistoryDetective said...

I want to participate!

I don't have an opinion about the number of cookies. That could well be because I usually rebel and send other baked goods (usually breads). Usually my recipients seem pleased with what I send, but if anybody has been disappointed in the past or prefers that I more closely adhere to the rules then let me know and I will stick to cookies.

I'm emailing my contact information. Thanks to everybody who let me know it is cookie time.

Unknown said...

Do you have a sense of when the deadline should be? This will be the deciding factor for me. The later in December the deadline is, the more likely I'll be able to participate. Can we just say "must be mailed prior to Dec. 24th" or does that bother peeps?

Puffy said...

I don't care when the goodies arrive. It might be fun to received them after the holidays, because of all the sweets that are available during the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't bother me either. Later is good for me.

kim (weltek) said...

Thanks, all! Consider me in.

I don't particularly care if it's one or two dozen. However...some thoughts: Maybe we just say at least one dozen (and I'm groovy on breads, etc.!) and if you want to send more, do so? The spirit of the cookie exchange is about sharing some personal favorites, not necessarily about stocking someone else's cookie tray, IMHO.
I hate to burden anyone, and shipping one dozen is a lot easier and cheaper than shipping two.

kim (weltek) said...

Did we get our names and I missed it? I'm good at missing things in my Yahoo mail.

Puffy said...

This weekend, I was also wondering if this is still on and when we'll be receiving the names. What's cookin?

dragonflies said...

I'm slacking. Sorry. I'll get it done this week. :)

dragonflies said...

Emails have been sent with your receipient. Thanks again for participating, and have fun!

Puffy said...

Let's start a post about sending and receiving, ok?

kim (weltek) said...

Mine are ready to be packaged up tonight!

Thanks to all again for taking the time pressure off!